Okay I know what you are thinking… “Seriously, Brussels Sprouts?! DISGUSTING!” That what I always thought, but then I was at a restaurant the other night and my friend ordered some and I gave them a try. They weren’t half bad!
Sooooo while shopping at Costco this week I decided to buy some brussels sprouts and give them a home cooking.
First, I tried this recipe from Kosher on a Budget – Easy Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- A few personal suggestions
- Trim the ends of the brussels sprouts before cutting them in half so they are really clean
- Use a freezer bag instead of a spoon and bowl to mix all the ingredients together *It’s also more fun this way 🙂
- Cook them for about 25-30 mins. I personally think they taste better a little crispy!
Next, since the first recipe only called for 1lb, I decided to use the 2nd lb to create my own recipe.
Johnny Seasoning & Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Johnny’s Seasoning
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Pepper (once on cooking sheet)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the ends of the brussels sprouts and then proceed to cut them in half.
- Put all ingredients into a freezer bag and then shake until the brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
- Lay out evenly on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool, serve, EAT 🙂